(Originally published in Mar 2017 at Aarki.com)
Part 3: Conclusions and Summaries
We continue the blog series by our creative director, Noel Perlas that we believe will give you a clear understanding on how Aarki understands the importance of creatives in mobile app marketing. In the previous part of this blog series we drilled deep into the process of building and optimising the creatives. The last, third part of the blog series, will zoom out the best techniques that work across all strategies.
Below are some strategies and elements that work for most campaigns. While we cannot generalize, these have proven to be successful in our experience when rolling out campaigns for multiple apps.
- Show the essence of your app: Less is more. The most simple strategies often are the most effective ones. Showing what your app is about can lead you to success in very short period of time. This will catch the right audience and will attract high LTV users.
- Characters stand out: If your game has a special character or a mascot that is attractive, use it! Characters make your game more human and more appealing to humans! Cute characters work best. If you have recognizable ones, even better!
- Power up: Using game elements that make your game exciting is another very effective strategy. Boosters show actions happening to your game. Look for the most iconic one of them and show your audience how it is done… like a Boss!
- Sound and colors enhance the experience: In an animated interstitial, audio makes it even more compelling. Imagine the sound of jackpot and falling coins. It gives you more excitement than just an image. Furthermore, light and bright colors often work better since they stand out from a sea of mostly dull and subdued creatives. In some cases a whiter creative performs even better.
- Reward the user and show them the reward. If an install automatically gives you 5,000,000 coins, then communicate it in your creative.
- Footer works in videos: A clear white footer with a CTA button worked well during our A/B testing between 2 video creatives, we have now started using footers across all video creatives.
By leveraging all our experience, we at Aarki make sure that published ads are always performing at their best.
As you've seen in the past 3 articles, creative plays a huge role in making your campaign perform better. By using a streamlined process, insightful strategies, organized creative and continuous data analysis and optimization, Aarki helps your app grow.